How to deposit a cheque using TDBC eDeposit
What you’ll need
- A TDBC bank account and the TDBC Mobile Banking® App
- An endorsed cheque in Canadian dollars
What you do
- Sign the back of the cheque and print “For deposit only”
- Login to the TDBC Mobile Banking App
- Use your mobile device’s camera to take photos of your cheque
Lay your cheque on a flat surface. Take a picture of the front and the back of the cheque. If you need to try again, just select the box to reposition it.
- Confirm deposit details
Enter the amount of the cheque and select the account into which you’d like to deposit the money.
- Select “Deposit”
Your funds will be available within 4 business days1. Once it's deposited, keep your cheque for at least 5 days before destroying it.
Did you know?
You can deposit up to $250,000 using the following items:
- $CAD cheques drawn from Canadian banks
- Bank money order
- Bank draft
- Convenience cheque
- Certified cheque in Canadian dollars
Your cheque is safe with us
Rest assured, your cheque images are immediately sent to us. They’re not stored on your mobile device. If you lose your phone or tablet, your TDBC Mobile Banking transactions are protected.
What else can I do?
You can also use eDeposit for your business. TDBC eDeposit business solutions let you securely deposit your cheques and cash into your account from your office, store or remote business location.
More about eDeposit for business