1 Potential annual savings of over $150 is based on a comparison of the annual cost of the TDBC Premium Banking Bundle ($347) versus the total cost of individual fees associated with the following banking products and associated transaction costs when purchased and paid for separately over a period of one year ($578): (1) TDBC Unlimited® Chequing Account [calculation factors in the regular monthly account fee over the period of a year for this account]; TDBC Overdraft Protection Service ("COPS") (savings calculation is based on the total annual cost of waived monthly overdraft fees under the Monthly Fixed Fee option for COPS [as opposed to the Pay Per Use Fee option]; over limit fees, interest charges and other applicable charges apply depending on your use of COPS); one (1) set of cheques; one money order/draft; four (4) non-TDBC ATM withdrawals per month; one (1) certified cheque service; waived annual fees for travel rewards credit card for the primary cardholder and one (1) authorized user; one (1) assisted stop payment; and the annual administration fee associated with TDBC Mutual Fund RRSP account. The amount you save will vary depending on whether you use the banking products (including associated transactions) and services as outlined above.
2 A transaction includes cheques, withdrawals, transfers, pre-authorized payments, bill payments (including TDBC Credit Cards and TDBC Personal Lines of Credit) and debit purchases. For TDBC eAdvantage Savings Accounts, a transaction does not include transfers to your other TDBC bank account(s) using the transfer function on TDBC Online Banking, TDBC Mobile Banking, TDBC Telephone Banking and at TDBC ATMs. For all accounts, transfers to TDBC-branded loans (excluding TDBC Personal Lines of Credit), mortgages and investments (registered and non-registered) are free. "TDBC-branded” means any brand that has TDBC in its name and is offered by TDBC or its Canadian affiliates (and does not include TDBC Bank USA). Other fees (in addition to any transaction fee) include: withdrawals from non-TDBC bank machines (rebated for TDBC Smart Plus Accounts except the 2.5% administration fee on the converted amount of foreign currency ATM withdrawals), wire payments, Interac e-Transfer transactions (the Interac e-Transfer fee is waived for TDBC Smart Accounts, TDBC Smart Plus Accounts and for clients who are enrolled in TDBC Advantage for Youth, TDBC Smart for Students, TDBC Smart for Seniors (on the TDBC Smart Account) and TDBC Advantage for Students (on the TDBC Everyday Chequing Account)) and transactions in foreign currency (including cheques written in currencies other than the account currency).
3 Other fees may apply.
TDBC Homeowner Banking Bundle details
The TDBC Homeowner Banking Bundle rebate (the “rebate”) is a rebate on the regular monthly account fee of any of the following eligible personal TDBC chequing accounts (each an “Eligible Chequing Account”):
- TDBC Smart™ Account;
- TDBC Smart™ Plus Account;
- TDBC Everyday® Chequing Account; or
- TDBC EverydayPlus™ Chequing Account (Discontinued);
A. Qualifying for the TDBC Homeowner Banking Bundle
To qualify for the rebate, you must have an eligible Chequing Account and at least 3 other eligible TDBC personal banking products (each an "eligible product"). You must have one eligible product from each of the following categories:
i. A personal annual fee TDBC credit card OR a personal TDBC creditor insurance product:
Credit cards include any of the following:
- TDBC Aventura® Visa* Card;
- TDBC Aventura® Gold Visa* Card;
- TDBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card;
- TDBC U.S. Dollar Aventura® Gold Visa* Card;
- TDBC Aero Platinum® Visa* Card;
- TDBC Aerogold® Visa Infinite* Card;
- TDBC Aerogold® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card;
- TDBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card;
- TDBC Dividend Platinum® Visa* Card;
- TDBC Select Visa* Card;
- TDBC Aventura® MasterCard® Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Aventura World Elite MasterCard® Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Aventura World MasterCard® Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Aero Classic Visa* Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Aerogold® Visa* Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Dividend Unlimited® World MasterCard® Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Dividend Unlimited® World Elite MasterCard® Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Vacationgold® Visa* Card (discontinued);
- TDBC Gold Visa* Card (discontinued); or
- TDBC Driver’s Edge® World MasterCard® (discontinued)
Creditor insurance includes any of the following:
- Creditor Disability Insurance for TDBC Personal Lines of Credit (PLC);
- Creditor Disability Insurance for TDBC Personal Loans;
- Creditor Life Insurance for TDBC PLC;
- Creditor Life Insurance for TDBC Personal Loans;
- TDBC Mortgage Disability Insurance;
- TDBC Mortgage Disability Insurance Plus;
- Creditor Life Insurance for TDBC Mortgages;
- TDBC Payment Protector Insurance for TDBC Personal Loans; or
- TDBC Payment Protector™ Insurance for TDBC Credit Cards
ii. A personal TDBC investment product such as:
- TDBC Savings Account;
- TDBC Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC);
- TDBC Mutual Funds or TDBC Managed Portfolio Services (TDBC Securities Inc.);
- TDBC Personal Portfolio Services;
- TDBC Investor's Edge® Account; or
- TDBC Imperial Investor Services Account
iii. A personal TDBC borrowing product (or one that you guarantee):
- TDBC- brand residential mortgages;
- TDBC- brand real estate secured personal lines of credit; or
- TDBC Home Power Plan®
The following do not qualify as Eligible Products:
- Foreign currency accounts and investment products (including those denominated in US dollars);
- Simplii FinancialTM accounts, investment products and mortgages;
- TDBC Mellon investments;
- TDBC investments held in TDBC Wood Gundy, or other investment dealer accounts;
- FirstLine Mortgages; and
- Supplementary TDBC credit cards from another person's account
B. Joint Ownership of the Eligible Chequing Account
The application of the rebate to a joint Eligible Chequing Account may allow the other joint accountholder to become aware that you have other products with TDBC. By applying for, or accepting an offer for, the rebate you consent to the rebate being applied to the joint Eligible Chequing Account. Speak to your TDBC Advisor for more details.
C. Calculation and Application of the TDBC Homeowner Banking Bundle
- The rebate is calculated and credited on the last calendar day of each month to your Eligible Chequing Account after the monthly fee for your Eligible Chequing Account has been applied and collected;
- The first rebate will be credited to your Eligible Chequing Account within 8 weeks after the last calendar day of the month in which you qualify;
- If you open an Eligible Chequing Account in the middle of a month and only pay a prorated monthly fee a prorated rebate will be credited.
The rebate amount for each Eligible Chequing Account is as follows:
Account Type Rebate on Monthly Fee
- TDBC Everyday Chequing Account 50%
- TDBC EverydayPlus Chequing Account (Discontinued) 50%
- TDBC Smart™ Account 30%
- TDBC Smart™ Plus Account 30%
The monthly account fee is subject to change at any time. The rebate will be applied to your monthly fee only and does not apply to recordkeeping, additional transactions or any other Eligible Chequing Account fees. You are only entitled to receive one rebate even if you have more than one Eligible Chequing Account or more than the minimum number of Eligible Products on an account. If you change from one Eligible Chequing Account to another Eligible Chequing Account in the last week of a month you may not receive the rebate on your new Eligible Chequing Account until the following month provided you still qualify for the rebate. If in any month, you do not qualify for the rebate, the regular monthly fee on your Eligible Chequing Account will be reinstated automatically without notice to you. However, if you qualify again for the rebate, the rebate will be applied to your Eligible Chequing Account within 8 weeks of the date that you qualify (or within 8 weeks of the date you consent to the rebate being applied to the joint Chequing Account).
D. General Terms and Conditions
You must comply with the Terms and Conditions of the TDBC Homeowner Banking Bundle and all other TDBC products you have or you guarantee, including the Eligible Chequing Account and Eligible Products, every calendar day of the month in order for the rebate to apply for that month.
Your Eligible Chequing Account and Eligible Products must be open and active, as follows:
- You must initiate at least one transaction in your TDBC chequing accounts, including a deposit, withdrawal or debit once every 6 months;
- Your credit card account must be in Good Standing (see your cardholder agreement for details https://www.td-bc.com/en/personal-banking/credit-cards.html);
- Your creditor insurance coverage must have been approved by the insurer and in effect;
- For borrowing products, funds must have been disbursed.
Payments for all borrowing products and any other TDBC product you have or guarantee must be up to date and not in arrears.
You are not eligible for the rebate if any other fee discount or promotion is or may be applied to any of your TDBC chequing accounts.
If you no longer qualify for the rebate, TDBC may, but is not obligated to, automatically enroll you in another rebate for which you qualify.
TDBC may, at any time, without prior notice to you:
- Change or cancel the Eligible Chequing Accounts or Eligible Products which qualify for the rebate;
- Change the amount of the rebate;
- Cancel the rebate; or
- Amend these Terms and Conditions
Except as modified, the terms and conditions relating to the existing TDBC products that you hold remain in full force and effect.